Earn up to 20* hours of CEUs!
Iowa law requires members of every licensed or regulated health profession to obtain continuing education in order to renew the authorization to practice their profession (Iowa Code Chapter 272C). Consequently, the Iowa Dental Board requires all licensed dentists, dental hygienists and registered dental assistants to obtain continuing education. To learn more, visit the Iowa Dental Board website.
- Beginning with the 2020 renewal, the following courses will be required for all dentists who have prescribed opioids within the biennium renewal period.
- Opioids Prescribing - one hour every two years
- Beginning July 1, 2018, the following courses will be required for renewal for dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants:
- Jurisprudence – one hour every two years
- Infection Control – one hour every two years
Note: Dentists who complete the Jurisprudence and Infection Control at the 2020 Annual Session will meet the requirement for their renewal in 2020.
Attendees will receive 1.5 CEUs for each day of attendance at the Annual Session. However, attendees may not claim more than 3 CEUs per Annual Session.
The Iowa Dental Association (AGD provider code #219245) is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership, and Membership Maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2017 to 12/31/2019
The Iowa Dental Association will submit CEUs earned at IDEAS20 conference to the IAGD on your behalf. Please note you will not need to self-report these as you might have in previous years.
*Pending Iowa Dental Board approval