Exhibit Rules and Regulations
These rules and regulations are to be construed as a part of all space contracts. The Association reserves the right to interpret the regulations and standards as well as to make final decisions on all points which the regulations and standards do not cover.
Character of Exhibits
The Association reserves the right to decline or prohibit any exhibit or any part of any exhibit or proposed exhibit which in its judgment is not suitable to or in keeping with the character of the exhibition. This reservation is all inclusive and concerns persons, things, conduct, printed matter, and catalogs.
Products Not Eligible for Exhibition
The following may not be exhibited:
- Dental materials and devices which have been declared dangerous and worthless by the American Dental Association.
- Products that are not relevant to the practice of dentistry unless approved.
- Products and materials otherwise prohibited by the Iowa Events Center.
Exhibit Booth Inclusions
- Each booth will be provided with a back wall 8’ high and side walls 36” high except on the outside of corner booths. Furniture is not included in booth prices.
- A uniform 1-line booth sign, size 7” x 44”, will be furnished with each space.
- One name per booth will be listed in the onsite guide.
- Four badges per booth.
Electrical services and internet service access are provided by the Iowa Events Center. The equipment requisition sheets will be included in the service kit from the service contractor.
Special Exhibitor Services
Complete information on labor, decorating, material handling, furniture rental, electrical service, signs, shipping, etc., including a fixed schedule of prices, will be furnished to all exhibitors by the service contractor, Event Decorators of Iowa (EDI). The contractor will furnish all necessary stagehands, property personnel, and other labor essential to install, operate, service, and remove all equipment belonging to the exhibitor. Exhibitor agrees to conform to the terms and conditions of the Iowa Events Center for all electrical and utility services required by the exhibitor. All charges for freight handling on delivery, installation of equipment or electrical requirements, other expenses incidental to the setting up or dismantling, or operation of the booth shall be the obligation of the exhibitor and will be billed by the service contractor and/or the Iowa Events Center providers. The primary contact at each exhibiting company will receive an email from the service contractor with a link to view the Exhibit Service Kit online by March 18.
Shipment information will be available in the Exhibit Service Kit. Do not ship directly to the Iowa Events Center. The Association shall be under no liability for misplacement of, loss of, or damage to goods or property of exhibitors and each exhibitor. The Association shall be released from all liability including, but not limited to, partial or full refund of booth cost.
Exhibitors must register before setting up their booths.
Wednesday, April 27: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday, April 28: 7:30 - 9:00 AM
All exhibits must be in place by 9:00 AM on Thursday, April 28, and remain in place until 2:45 PM on Friday, April 29. Dismantling may begin at 2:45 PM on Friday, April 29 and must be completed by 6:00 PM.
The exhibit hall will be open:
- Thursday, April 28: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday, April 29: 9:00 AM – 2:45 PM
Taking orders and/or making cash or credit card sales outside the confines of assigned booth space are prohibited.
The playing of any music on the exhibit floor is not permitted. This applies to live as well as recorded music. The IDA has no license agreement with the American Society of Composers, Authors, & Publishers (ASCAP). The IDA cannot accept responsibility for music played by exhibitors.
Firms and representatives of firms not assigned exhibit space are prohibited from soliciting business in any form in the exhibit hall. Violators of this prohibition will be required to leave the hall.
Displays shall not be placed in such a manner as to interfere with the space of other exhibitors. No construction is allowed on the sides or top of any booth that would obstruct the line of sight of adjacent booths.
Distribution of Samples and Souvenirs
Distribution of samples of approved products, literature, and souvenirs is permissible provided it is done in a dignified manner, does not create a nuisance, and causes no interference with adjoining exhibits. The distribution of bags in the exhibit hall is permitted. However, exhibitors planning to distribute bags and/or literature at their booth must send a sample of the item to the Iowa Dental Association if there are any statements appearing on the face of these materials other than the name of the company.
- Payment: Payment in full is required with the application contract for exhibitor space. The application cannot be processed without the appropriate payment. All checks should be made payable to: IOWA DENTAL ASSOCIATION. Mailed applications and/or checks should be sent to IDA, 666 Grand Avenue, Suite 901, Des Moines, IA 50309. If paying via credit card, you may fax application to IDA at 515.334.8007, or email top portion to firstname.lastname@example.org and call IDA at 515.331.2298 to provide credit card information. Please do not send credit card numbers via email.
- Cancellation: All cancellations must be made in writing to the Iowa Dental Association. Cancellation of the exhibit contract may be made prior to January 1, 2022, without penalty and payment will be refunded. If exhibitor space is cancelled after January 1, 2022, but before March 1, 2022, the Association shall retain half (1/2) of the contracted booth amount. If the exhibit space contracted is cancelled after March 1, 2022, the Association shall retain the full amount of the total contract obligation submitted.
Changes in Booth Assignments
The Iowa Dental Association reserves the right to make booth assignment changes with no advance notice to exhibitors.
Liability of the Iowa Dental Association and the Iowa Events Center/Global Spectrum L.P.
It is expressly understood and agreed between exhibitors and the Association that the Association, Event Decorators of Iowa, Global Spectrum, L.P. d/b/a Spectrum Venue Management, and Polk County, Iowa, and their respective officials, officers, directors, agents, employees, successors, and assigns shall be under no liability for loss of, or damage to, goods or property of exhibitors and each exhibitor, upon signing space contract, expressly releases the above mentioned from all liability. The exhibitor agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Iowa Events Center/Global Spectrum, L.P. d/b/a. Spectra Venue Management and agrees to abide by, conform to, and comply with all the laws of the United States and the State of Iowa and all ordinances of Polk County, Iowa, and together with all rules and requirements of the police, fire, and health departments of the City of Des Moines, and will not do, nor suffer to be done, anything on the premises during the term of this agreement in violation of such rules, laws, or ordinances, and it is understood that this agreement may be terminated and cancelled for any such violation. The Iowa Dental Association shall not be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur to the exhibitor’s officers, agents, employees, or property prior, during, or subsequent to the period covered by this exhibit contract. All property of the exhibitor brought onto the premises by the exhibitor shall be at the risk of the exhibitor. The Iowa Dental Association shall not be liable for any loss or damage thereto, or for any injuries to the exhibitors, its agents, officers, or employees. The exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Iowa Dental Association for any loss or damage that may arise out of the premises described in this space contract.
Iowa Events Center
These Exhibit Rules & Regulations are considered to be part of the contract and are to be followed accordingly.